Abstracts Submission Guidelines
- Submissions on any topic related to the conference will be considered, however please refer to our list of topics for guidance.
- Abstracts should be written in English and should not exceed 500 words.
- The abstract should outline the aims, contents and conclusions of the presentation.
- Abstracts should not include tables, figures or references.
- Abstracts can only be submitted via the 2018 Irrigation Australia International Conference and Exhibition website submission portal
- All submissions will be reviewed by the Program Committee.
- Presentations will be selected to provide a program that offers a comprehensive and diverse treatment of issues related to the conference topics.
- Submissions are to include a headshot and 150 word biography of the presenter.
- Places on the program are limited and the Program Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any submission.
- If you submit an abstract for consideration, you must also intend to register for the conference. A discounted registration is offered to all presenters
When submitting your abstract you will be asked to include the following:
- Title of presentation
- 200 word presentation description
- Author(s) and affiliations
- Abstract theme
- 500 word abstract
- Presentation type (oral presentation or poster presentation)
- Presenter’s name
- Presenter’s email address and contact numbers
- 150 word biography of the presenting author
- Headshot image (minimum: 400px x 600px)
Types of Presentations
The Program Committee are seeking the following types of presentations:
- Oral presentations: Professional or Seminar
Further information on each of these presentation types can be found here.
- Abstract submission opens: Monday, 11 September 2017
- Abstracts close: Friday, 27 October 2017
- Notifications to authors: Friday, 17 November 2017
- Author acceptances: Monday, 11 December 2017
- Speaker registrations opens: Monday, 11 December 2017
- Speaker registration deadline: Friday, 2 February 2018
- Presentations due: Wednesday, 30 May 2018
Important Notes to Consider
- All accepted speakers will be required to register and pay.
- A discounted registration is available to all presenters. The deadline for presenting author registration is 2 February 2018.
- Potential presenters should note all costs to attend the conference must be met from their own resources.
- At least one author of the accepted abstract is expected to attend and present at the conference.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee who reserves the right to reject any abstract.
- The Program Committee may, based on the abstract and the program, propose a poster presentation rather than an oral presentation.
- By submitting an abstract you give consent to publication of the outline in conference material.
- All outlines must be original work. The speaker is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted via the Abstract Template on the Conference Website and Speakers Portal.
- When submitting abstracts, authors can choose whether or not they would like to be peer reviewed. If accepted, authors will be required to submit a full paper for review.
- Authors will be notified by e-mail of the outcome of their abstract submission.